Marco Kurz will next week open talks on his future with Adelaide United amid speculation A-League rivals are circling the German-born manager.
Kurz is off-contract in June at Adelaide, with his future at the club also expected to influence whether a number of Reds players also re-sign.
"I have clear thoughts, clear ideas, for my future and also for the future of the club and then we must find out if we find a way together or not," Kurz told reporters on Thursday.
"It's part of the game, it's professional ... and I think it's normal.
"My focus is clear for the next game, that's it. And if it's time to speak about (the future), I am well prepared for the chat."
Kurz and Adelaide hierarchy have agreed to begin talks at the end of the month.
The German is understood be on the radar of rivals Brisbane Roar, who parted with John Aloisi mid-season.
Kurz has won widespread plaudits since taking over Adelaide in June 2017, winning the FFA Cup in October last year and taking the Reds to the Cup final and A-League finals the previous season.
Adelaide are well placed for another finals campaign this season, currently sitting in fourth spot on the ladder.
Up to nine United players are due to fall off-contract in June, including foreign duo Ken Ilso and Baba Diawara, plus Australians Scott Galloway, Michael Marrone and Nikola Mileusnic.
"The players want to know who is the coach, that is clear, if they sign or not it's up to who is the coach in the next season," Kurz said.
"But that's normal ... it makes not easier, but it is what it is."
Australian Associated Press