Parts of the Northern Tablelands and the North West Slopes could be hit by severe thunderstorms today.
The Bureau of Meteorology issued the warning this afternoon.
The thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones and damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Grafton, Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Armidale, Tenterfield and Dorrigo.
Tamworth and surrounds were hit by storms yesterday which caused power outages across the region.
Some areas are still without power, according to Essential Energy.
Those areas include Werris Creek, Barraba and Spring Ridge.
As storms move in, the State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
- Keep at least eight metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
- Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
- Unplug computers and appliances.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
- For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.